Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Beautiful Things ~ In honor of Elisha Hudson Flick





Beautiful Things
by Gungar

All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us


You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new




This is Elisha's song. It was sung and prayed over him for the four months and 13 days that he was here on earth.

His little body was wracked with issues since birth. He fought so gallantly for every breathe. He championed and he came through time and time again.  Now he does not have to fight anymore.

He is whole and healed and perfect in heaven.

His memorial was Wed, April 6th. It is hard to describe that day. Sorrowful, joyful, peaceful, painful. The one word that resonated throughout the entire day, and throughout the entire experience was love. There was a great, deep love that was associated with that little boy. He was deeply loved by his parents, his siblings and the people giving him daily care. He incited love to those who knew of him, knew of his family.

While the struggle was painful and the process heart wrenching, Elisha's parents were the example of a true love. People loved on them with food, babysitting and prayer. They loved on Elisha and the cycle kept repeating. The love they had for each other as they went through this loss was remarkable.


(The entire Flick family with little Elisha next to his twin brother, Ephraim)

In sorrow and pain, there was a beautiful love. A love from the Father that could not be taken away. A peace and comfort that only a true relationship with Christ can give.

I watched it. I saw it grow. I experienced my friends going through this difficult season and come out of it covered in love.

Bad things happen, but I believe that good can come out of every circumstance.

While my heart is broken and grieving for my friends and the loss of their son, something beautiful is and will come out of this dust.

I continue to hold my friends up in prayer. Elisha's life has touched the core of my mother's heart and I truly grieve with my dear friend.

But through all this pain and sorrow of a lost little life taken too soon, there is a beautiful peace and a beautiful love that radiates.

The Lord will make beautiful things...

No comments: