Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Walk in the Woods


On one of the last perfect fall days of the year, we ventured outside to attempt some family pictures. My brother, our photographer for the day, came down to hang out and try to capture my brood.



The sun was warm, the air was crisp  and we had the area to ourselves.  And the pictures...well... we got a few great ones!

But, my favorite photos are the out takes. The kids in their natural state.



While those photos did not make our annual Christmas card, I smile every time I see them.


 A large hill is much too tempting. The boys were bribed to get "just a few more shots" than they could run down the hill, getting the wiggles out.


Corralling 3 kids, getting them to smile AND look in the same direction is not for the faint of heart.







But being silly? Not a problem.




Uncle Joel, the photographer, had to take his turn chasing Macy.




Don't mind that baby, photobombing our photo, running with her shoe in hand.


Sometimes you need to have Puppy join the family photos. Or you will not have a Christmas card picture.


This picture sums it all up.
  Jack is asking about the creek off the left. Colin is done with pictures, pouting on the ground. I have the "mom" pose with my hands on my hips. Ryan is explaining something and Macy is grinning, flirting with my brother.

What do you like best, the out takes or posed pictures?

No comments: