Monday, December 29, 2008
To start our vacation out with a bang, we didn't have our luggage for 2 whole days. That means that we did not have our winter coats, Jack's car seat base, any baby supplies, winter clothes or our Christmas presents. We were able to buy a sleeper and an outfit for Jack, some basic supplies for us, and borrow the winter apparel. I have never been so excited to see my own stuff as i was when those suitcases arrived!
Jack has been the star of the show and has charmed every single person within eye reach. He has been absolutely WONDERFUL this whole trip. Everyone has commented on how great he is how and happy he is. The little guy even cut another tooth and had his first one emerge even farther. For not being on his schedule, he has been a saint. He is also rolling everywhere. We can no longer leave him playing on the floor for even a second. He is growing and developing in leaps and bonds and getting way to big! Sometime i just miss cuddling my little baby. Jack cuddles when he sleeps and that is it. Otherwise, he has way to many things to explore than to take time to cuddle mom.
Christmas was especially good to me this year. Correction. My husband was especially wonderful to me this year. I got my dream present that i never thought i would get. A Canon digital EOS Rebel XS and a 75-300mm lense as well!!!!!!! I was BEYOND excited. It was probably the greatest gift ever. If i had not had a sleeping baby on my lap when i opened it, i am sure i would have screamed and done a little dance when that was opened. I can not wait to start playing and learning how to use it. I am not slightly intimidated with it, but looking forward to learning everything.
We just got back from a little trip to Chicago. It was so so wonderful to be back in a city again. My sister, brother -in- law joined us and we spent a night in the windy city and shopped the Magnificent Mile. It was lots of fun, even if it was rainy and cold.
I have lots of pictures to post, especially ones from the new camera, but i have not had a chance to even download a single one.
I hope that everyone had a blessed christmas and that God will continue to work in your life in this new year.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Last night Ryan was holding him and i patted Jack on the butt and told him it was time for bed. He started laughing. I patted Ryan on the butt and told him that he too needed to go to bed. Jack laughed so hard that he started to get tears in his eyes! Really, it was not funny. It was normal talking. But to Jack, it was the funniest thing ever. That is happy hour for you.
He is so smiley and funny during this hour that it erases any thing negative that could have happened that day. I love his happy hour. His little laugh is so darn funny and cute, that we end up laughing as well. It is my favorite time of the whole day. But be warned, 10:34 he will start instantly fussing, ready to eat and go to sleep. If you don't move quickly, it will be a full on scream.
But even so, you will still be so charmed from the last hour, that it won't even faze you.
What is your happy hour?
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
25 Christmas Things About Me
I too borrowed this from Worley House. I haven't done survey type thing in a long time, and Christmas time is always lots of fun. It doesn't really feel like Christmas when it is 64 degrees out and i have barely started shopping...so this will help!
Welcome to the Holiday edition of 25 Things About Me.Okay, here's what you're supposed to do. Just copy this entire post and paste into a new post. Then change all the answers so that they apply to you.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. I like to wrap, but i also like the really cute bags.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. I grew up with a real one, but have a 3ft fake one in my house. Once Jack is older and we spend more time at home than in Michigan for Christmas, we will get a real one. They smell so much better!
3. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving, give or take a few days.
4. When do you take the tree down? The first couple weeks of January.
5. Do you like eggnog? I hate it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Nothing specific comes to mind. I always liked clothes.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My father in law, grandfather and uncle.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom
9. Do you have a nativity scene? i have the Willow Tree one. We got it for a wedding present.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Umm... i haven't sent any... but if i did, i would mail them. I should send cards... maybe next year...
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A block of cheese
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually buy a few items in October and go from there, when i find something great. This year...black friday.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sugar cookies, ham and cheesy potatoes, lady finger rolls, chex mix... the list can go on and on
16. Lights on the tree? Yes. We have white on ours, but my favorite it blue. I hate multi-colored lights.
17. Favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We travel to Michigan. We both have family there...
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Not a chance
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have a gold star
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? One present before bed on Christmas eve, and than the rest on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The crazy shoppers and the warm va weather. The extra baggage fee for flights.
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? I like blue lights and ornaments with a real tree. When the lights are off, it is beautiful.
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Ham and cheesy potatoes with rolls...
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? My sweet baby boy to stay little... and maybe a Canon digital Rebel to capture it :)
Thursday, December 4, 2008
He has grown so much! He loves to eat his toes. He loves to laugh at the silliest things. He loves to be startled, he laughs like crazy when that happens. He likes to watch our cat Oscar play. When placed on his back, he rolls to his belly in 2.5 seconds. He now sleeps on his belly. He responds to his name. He likes his exersaucer. He likes to grab anything and everything. He studies everything around him very seriously. Everything goes in his mouth. His hair is getting longer, thus making his flouffy hair lay down. Right now, he is trying to grab the lighted Apple on the front of this computer. He likes to stand. He can sit for 15 seconds all by himself. He likes other babies and animals and charms most women that he comes in contact with. He loves when his dad comes home. He loves to hangout on his changing table, sans pants with his feet in his mouth. He doesnt like to nap. When he is tired, he wants to have his face on your face. He will move around till that happens. He likes to take naps on his momma, and no where else. He talks to keep himself awake. He doesnt go to bed till 11pm, but he will sleep till 10:30am. I have tried to get him to bed earlier for the last 4 and 1/2 months. His cheeks are getting chubbier and are super fun to kiss. He makes cute baby noises. He smiles when he see his mom or dad. He will try to mimmick different noises that we make.