Sunday, April 16, 2017

In Christ Alone


In Christ alone! - who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe.
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save:
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied -
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand:
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
~lyrics by Stuart Townsend and Keith Getty


Sometimes, when the words fail to come and it is just the resonating sounds of the heart, you let the words of a song come forth and bask in its resounding truth. This was how I was feeling today.
In Christ Alone...
Happy Easter to you and your family!

May you experience the peace and power of Christ this Sunday morning!
No guilt in life, no fear in death!


No comments: