Sunday, May 14, 2017

The Momma Heart

I will be celebrating my Mother's Day cheering on my boy in his very first big tournament and I am 100% ok with that.


As Mother's Day was approaching, I was thinking about motherhood and the many varied paths to it.

I am lucky to have a beautiful solid example of motherhood that I witnessed from my Great-Grandma, my Grandma and my mother. I was able to sit in all of their kitchens, and watch and learn from their examples. I realize how blessed I am to have known not only my Grandmother so well, but also my Great-Grandmother. Following in their foot prints has been one of my greatest privileges in life.

But this is not the case for everyone.

I know that this day is hard for many. Mothers that are no longer here, or were not around. Mothers that may have never been there in the first place.

I know that there are many that are longing to be mothers and are not.

I know that there are mommas who gave up their babies, babies that will one day be adopted by another momma.

I know that there are women that may not be biological or even adoptive parents, but whose love and devotion is the same to those around them.

They all have that momma heart.

For the momma heart is not grown from purely a biological birthing. No, motherhood can take all shapes and forms. That is the beauty of the momma heart. It shows no preference. It only shows love, pure unconditional love.

That momma heart is so strong. So brave. It rallies for their loved ones with a fierceness of a great warrior. That momma heart gives selflessly.

So today, I salute that momma heart that is alive and beating in so many of us.

Keep giving, keep sacrificing, keep loving.

Keep beating those strong Momma hearts.

No comments: