Sunday, October 7, 2007

Go easy on me...

Having never blogged before, and wanting to enhance my writings skills as well as inform friends and family, i have decided to give this a try. A good friend of mine, Andy Black, told me he blogs to keep up his writing skills. My writing skills are no match to the fine Mr. Black, but are in desperate need of tuning. Writing for the ear and writing for the eyes are so entirely different. I have found that when i write, i tend to elaborate. When i write for the ear for work, i tend to "talk too much" in my scripts. So, here, i am going to try to find a happy medium of writing for the ears and writing for the eyes. Another discipline i would like to work on is proofing what i write. I tend to get an idea or an inspiration or just need to get all the words out in a hurry and leave it just thrown down on the paper. It drives my husband crazy! He hates when i misplace a word and forget to fix it. If i would proof what i write, it would not be such a mess.
SO, after much to much talking, i am writing my first blog.
I just returned home from Nashville. In the period of a year, i have spent somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks in Nashville. A high majority of that time was spent in a large dark studio off of Dickerson Parkway. No matter the temperature outside, North Star Studios is frigid inside. I always have on a few layers that ends in a sweater of sorts. I am still cold. Pride has prevented me from bringing in a blanket. Well, that is not all true. Pride and professionalism. Band members and their entourage would not likely trust my professional opinion if i was swaddled in a blanket. So, i walk around a lot and try to stay by the lights!
I know need to go proof read on of Ryan's papers. He is in the middle of his first semester as a MBA student at Regent University. He is pretty much brilliant, but he likes when i read over things. My wifely duty is calling.

No comments: