Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Snow, Bumps and Lug nuts.

Christmas time has come and gone and now we are experiencing some good ol' Virginia snow. Snow here in Virginia consists of a few flakes every twenty feet that melt on contact... nothing compared to the blizzard like conditions that we experienced not once but 3 times while in Michigan.
Michigan is gorgeous in the winter. The lakes are frozen, the trees are snow covered. It is not like the brown snow that Minneapolis would have. It is actually white and pretty. Of course, we can leave all the snow for Virginia fake snow. My mother-in-law thinks that is why we liked it so much... we get to leave it!
Christmas time with the family was filled with lots of running to and from houses and parents and friends. We really enjoyed our time, but i would get so very tired! It is a blessing to be able to see both sides of the family on the same day and the enjoy the company without any guilt of who is left behind.
My belly has started to develop a little bump. I think it looks like i have a fat roll, but i know it is the baby. I came to Michigan with not much to show for my pregnancy and left with a little roll. I think that my Mother prayed that bump to appear so that she could "see" her first grandbaby. My clothes that fit so nice two weeks before i left were getting a bit tight. The old high school "acquaintances" that did not know i was pregnant must have thought i put on a bit more weight. In actuality, i lost a pound from what i weighed at my last dr.'s appointment, but still i continue to swell a bit.
We were suppose to leave Michigan on Sunday night. We checked in and boarded the plane. We seemed to have been sitting on the plane with out the door closing for quite some time. The captain than announced that a lug nut just fell off the plane when they were closing the door. He had never seen that happen before. Unfortunately, Grand Rapids is not a large airport and they had to fly a mechanic in from Detroit to fix the plane. Our flight was canceled and we were able to rebook to leave on Tuesday instead. We would have missed work anyway and why not extend our vacation a bit? We also knew of a little secret planned for my sister the next evening.
On New Year's eve at midnight down in Chicago, Abbey's boyfriend Kurt proposed. She obviously said YES! and we were able to meet them for a quick lunch before we took off. Our family has now expanded again. I am not sure if poor Kurt knows what he got himself into!
Our plane coming from Detroit also had mechanical issues, but we were able to arrive back in VA 5 hours later. We were greeted by a very happy kitten. Oscar would not let us out of his sight.That meant that when we were sleeping he would periodically walk up to our heads to make sure we were still there.
Our next dr. appointment is next Monday. We will be able to schedule our ultrasound than. I am pretty sure that we are going to find out what we are having. I have not decided 100% yet though. I have heard many things about both sides. So many things to consider.
With the new year underway, it is time to start preparing for our new little life that will be joining us in 2008.
Many blessings to you all this new year!

1 comment:

Kurt said...

It was really nice to see you guys again.