Friday, February 19, 2010

Tonight

I am going out on a date with my husband tonight. It is MUCH needed. I can't remember a time when I needed to get out of the house, child free, as bad as I need to get out tonight.

I have even more holes in my walls. I also do not have a kitchen sink, a dishwasher or a stable counter top. I cook on a stove with 2 feet of workable counter tops. I get any water from the bathroom tap and wash dishes in the tub. It has been a full week with no end in sight.

I have had the clingiest, whiniest baby for the last week or so. He refuses Ryan. He refuses food. He only wants Mom. ALL.THE.TIME. If I leave the room for any random reason, a cryfest ensues... He may not be feeling well. He may know a new little baby is coming. This may just be a stage. It is a very draining stage.

I have had some news that has shaken me. It is too heartbreaking to talk about, really. It is maddening and sad all at the same time. It is not logical or correct. It has been a very hard week.

Did I mention that I am pregnant and emotional? Maybe I am carrying a girl. Seems to be a LOT of estrogen floating around here...

I am going on a date. I am fulfilling my craving for Dan Dan noodles. I am going to be without a clingy child. I am going to enjoy just being with my husband. I will not be doing any of the dishes.

It will be a good night.

No comments: