Friday, October 5, 2012

M&Ms



We really want to start potty training Colin. He is over 2 now and we are done with diapers. Colin also gets horrific diaper rashes from certain foods and diaper changes are painful for him. Most of those issues would be alleviated once potty trained.

Colin show some signs of being ready, but mostly just tell us NO! when we ask if he wants to go potty like a big boy.

So today I bought some M&Ms, his very favorite candy, as incentive to have him start to THINK about going on the potty.

Here is a snippet of our conversation today.

Colin: "I want an M&M"
Me: "You have to go potty on the potty first."
Colin: "I don't want to go potty. You go potty. I want an M&M."


Yeah.

We have a long road before us...

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Let him run around naked, they get the hang of it real quick :) I remember JJ took forever, I quit putting diapers on him and had to clean up a couple accidents but it worked! :)