Monday, November 24, 2014

It's Game Time

The holidays are officially in full swing with Thankgiving coming up in a few short days and the shopping frenzy known as Black Friday.

I, personally, hate Black Friday and the madness it ensues. No amount of discount is worth the lack of dignity. I don't get it. I love shopping and I love to shop, but no amount of sales will get me out into chaos with swinging punches.

However, I LOVE some Black Friday sales...


Online.

It's game time.

I get 80% of my Christmas shopping done online, usually during Black Friday and with ALL the doorbuster deals that people stand in freezing cold lines to get it.

Silly people.

I just woke up, sipped my coffee and clickity-clicked my doorbusters right into my checkout cart and was done.

Simple as that.

So, here are few tips and tricks that I use when I nab all my online shopping spectacular.

USE EBATES. No, seriously. Use Ebates. Here is a link if you don't subscribe. You get money back just for clicking through their website. Simple and easy cash. Plus, right now there are lots of double cash back deals.

If you are subscriber to Lucky magazine, sign up for their rewards program. They tend to have cash back on clothing retailers that Ebates does not carry, like 5% back at Anthropologie.

Kohl's has it's Black Friday deals online NOW. Their 19.99 doorbuster toys are available. You can get 6% cash back via Ebates and use the code GREETING15 for an additional 15% off your entire purchase. Shipping is free for orders of $50 or more. They are giving out Kohl's cash as well. So for ever $50 you spend, you get $15 Kohl's cash for use the first week of December. I made my order and all but finished the kids Christmas gifts this morning. My favorite item? Discovery Kid's digital cameras for the boys. Normally $69.99, I got them for $17.50. You just can't beat that.

Target has some of their Black Friday deals available now online. If it is out of stock, you may be able to do in-store pick up. This year, Target is offering free shipping and free returns for the season. A nice bonus for sure!

Walmart is having a special a day and you can order online. I did the ship to store feature last year and it was a nightmare. Long pick up lines, items that did not get there and so forth. So, proceed at your own risk with them.

Anthropologie usually has some sort of discount on Black Friday (though nothing huge, as it is Anthro) They will be doing a fun popper in store for all those that make a purchase. It can hold gift cards,  discount codes, housing gifts and other fun items. I have had their poppers before and they ARE fun:)

A few years ago, I bought a few electronic "door busters" from Best Buy online. Shipped for free. Used Ebates. It was a win.

Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic also do their door busters online. They are all part of the same family and use the same checkout cart. $50 is free shipping and returns for all 3 stores (plus Piperlime and Athleta) so you can combine purchases if needed.

Whatever store you love, I would check them out online first.


So, relax people. Spend time with your family. Give thanks for all the multiple blessing that you have. Rest. Converse. Laugh.

Save the crazy ladies punching each other for another day.

Boycott Thanksgiving Day shopping.

Get up on Friday, drink your coffee and find your favorite deals.

It really is the only way to do it.


And today, I am thankful for the internet and it's highway of shopping glory.





No comments: