Thursday, March 26, 2015

Conversations with Boys


I will tell you one thing. Having two boys in the house is not dull, nor is it boring, or monotonous.

Every day something pops out of their mouths that  makes me laugh, shake my head in pure wonder of HOW and WHY they think like they do. Little boys are gross. They come by it naturally. No one teaches them to love all bodily functions or laugh about certain body parts. They certainly do not hear that stuff from me, ( I am 90% sure they do not hear it from their dad...but I can not guarantee it, since he is, in fact, a boy)

So, once in awhile I remember to write some of things that have come out of their mouths. Ya know, to document it for future blackmail and embarrassment ;)

 Here are just a few conversations with my boys:

J-“ Mom, are you making broccoli?”
M-“Yes, I was making some for myself, but you can have some”
C- “ Yuck. I hate broccoli. Do I have to eat some.”
M-“ No, as long as you eat all of your salad at dinner.”

J-“ Yes, Colin. You need to eat green food. Green food is good for you. Green food makes you have hairballs in your armpits.”


While playing Skylanders/Superhero something together.

J(in play voice)- " I am going to lock you in in a deep, dark pit that you can never get out of"
C(also in play voice) -" Noooo. I will escape you."
J-" I am going to put in in a dark pit....THIS dark pit!!!" said while lifting up shirt and pointing to his very skinny, pale and completely hairless armpit.
Both boys fall to the floor laughing.


At bedtime, after getting off the phone with their Dad, who was working over night in Chicago.

J-"If I could have any super power, I would be able to reach through the phone and be able to see Dad and give him a big hug good night! Because I miss him and don't like when he is not here."
C-" If I had any super power I would crush stuff, like Crusher (a Skylander Giant, who happens to be Colin's favorite Skylander) I would crush my brother and I would crush this house."


While looking through some of our wedding photos with Jack to prepare for a school assignment, Jack comments on a picture of his dad waiting for me to walk down the aisle.

J-" Look at Dad's face. He looks like aghhh (while making a weird face)"
M-"Why do you think he looks like that? Do you think he was nervous to marry Mommy?"
J-" Yeah. He was probably thinking..I don't want to taste that spit!"
M-" Are you talking about kissing?!?"
J-" Yeah, when you kiss you taste spit."



While this is not a conversation, per se, it is a wonderful look into the minds of little boys.

When Colin is at preschool, he usually chooses to go to the writing center and will create a story. This will include him drawing the actions of the story, writing some of the words and verbalizing the entire story that he made up to his teacher or an aid. I love his stories and look forward to reading them when he comes home.

This was the last story he wrote:

"Once upon a time there were 3 snakes. They saw 2 gorillas and then the 3 snakes attacked the 2 gorillas. Then there was a dragon. And then the 2 gorillas, the snakes and the 1 dragon were fighting. After they were friends.
The End."

So, pretty much regular life here. Fighting and than friends.

It is all slowly starting to make sense, this life with boys.




No comments: