Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Remembering...


It doesn't seem possible that one year ago today my sweet grandmother slipped into eternity.

I miss her.

I miss her laugh. I miss her hugs, the smell of her perfume that hung to everything around her.

I miss her notes in the mail, to me, to the kids, to Ryan.

It still seems wrong that she is not here, like a nagging in the back of your mind that something is missing, but you just can't fix it.





While it is easy to sit here and feel sad, a bit lost, a bit mad (I hate cancer. Hate it, hate it, hate it) and wallow in the feelings that are still raw and fresh, it is not what I want this post to be about.

  I really just want to remember. I want to remember all the good.
SO much good.
So much love.
So much happiness and so much laughter.
Those memories are the ones that bring smiles through tears.
Those are on the things that I want to think about.



I want to remember how she was just the best Grandma and the perfect great -grandma to my kids.

She was an example of love and grace and honor.

She was a loving wife and followed my grandpa to Alaska and back in retirement.

She was an active and involved mother.

A giver of her time, her attention and her affections.

She was faithful.

She was strong.

She helped anyone who needed it, prayed for anyone at any time.

Wednesday nights and Sundays would find her at church, serving the children. Loving those who did not get much love at home, being consistent in their lives when few else had.

And that is just a drop in the bucket.






So today, I remember my beautiful Grandma.

I rest in the peace of knowing that she is in Heaven and that I will meet her there one day.

And oh, what a reunion that will be!

No comments: