Monday, July 27, 2015

Five Little Fingers



One whole hand.

That is how old my Colin is today. The big FIVE.

Oh my, this seems so old. So big. So independent. How can my baby boy be 5?!



This boy. He is something. Witty, smart, shy, adventurous, and caring.



He is competitive and loves loves soccer. He gets it. He gets the strategy, the control, the angles. It comes naturally to him.




 Getting to know Colin takes some work. It takes time. It does not come easy. He makes you work for it.


  But when he lets you in, when he befriends you and lets you know him, it makes all that work worth the effort.

He is loving and kind and fiercely defensive and protective. He is our little bulldog and he will fight for those he loves...no matter the size or consequence.


He is also naughty and silly and funny and feels ALL the feelings all the time...and when they are bad, you know it.


Colin is detailed and remembers everything. He can travel somewhere once and remember the directions, turn by turn. He reads maps better than his mom! (which is not really that hard to do)



This boy. He has captured my whole heart. We love him so.

Happiest 5th Birthday, my Colin. I couldn't imagine life without you.You make our life SO much better.

Just remember, you promised that you would give me lots of cuddles when you are 5, even when you are 8, and I plan to hold you to those promises! Because Colin snuggles are just the greatest.

No comments: