Eight years ago this wonderful boy came into the world.
Not only is it America's birthday, but it is also Jack's birthday.
So, in honor of his big day, here are 8 things that I like about Jack.
(I could go on and on, but 8 seemed a fitting number for such a boy on his 8th birthday)
1. I love his smile. Right now, he has a small gap in his front grown teeth, and I like it.
2. The amount of angst that happens when he is restrained to just ONE book at his favorite used book store. How can one choose just ONE book when there are SO many?!
(Never fear. He has some gift cards coming and will be able to buy to his heart's content.)
3. I like how he can hold entire conversations in movie quotes.
4. I like that he can't decide if he likes to do math or read. "They both are just so fun." And I hope that always continues.
5. I like that I have to nightly confiscate books out of his bed because otherwise he would stay up reading hours after his bed time.
6. I like that he wants to be the big brother. He doesn't want anyone else to take his job. It is just too important to him.
7. I like that you always make sure to give your ol' mom a kiss goodnight, no matter what.
8. I like your love of learning and desire to research everything around you. I hope that you always pursue truth and justice in all that you do.
There are so many things that I can say about you, my Jack, my first born. You keep us laughing and on on our toes. We love you SO much.
Thank you for giving me my very favorite job. Mom.
May your 8th birthday be filled with love, laughter and your long sought after blue high tops.
We love you!
Happy 8th Birthday, Jack David.