Sunday, September 11, 2016

Daddy: An Adoption Post by Ryan


* This post is written by my husband, Ryan. We will both be writing about our adoption in this space.


“Daddy”

This word has the power to move me like no other word.  To laugh.  To cry. To worry.  To smile.  To protect. To hold. To encourage. To listen. To miss. To help.   

“Daddy!”

This is one of the most precious words in the world to me. 

“Daddy?”

This word can mean so many things.  In the middle of the night it means I’m scared.  At the playground it means come play.  In the kitchen it means I spilled juice all over the place and I’m not sure how to tell you.  In the living room it means chase me and tickle me.  On the soccer field it means did you see the play I just made.  At the beach it means do we really have to go now. 

But the word means so much more than that.

“Daddy??”

Will you protect me?  Will you love me?  Will you be there for me?  Will you help me?  Will you lead me?  Will you understand me? Will you still want me?

“Daddy”

Every little boy and girl needs a daddy.  This is one of the reasons I’m so passionate about adoption and knew we had to do something about it. 

“Daddy” 

It’s a title for me but it’s not about me.  

Every child needs a daddy to protect them, to love them, to be there for them, to help them, to lead them, to understand them, to want them.  

“Daddy.”

This word has changed my life.  

“Daddy”

 Adopting is one of the most exciting and overwhelming things we have done as a family.  If you’d like to help us, we would love your support.  To help us cover our adoption cost, click here.

I think this video does a great job of capturing the emotion, reality, and power of daddy.    

No comments: