Thursday, July 27, 2017

Spectacular Seven



Oh my heart.

My boy is seven.

This kid. I just love him so. He is funny and witty and dramatic and sensitive and gives 100%, good or bad, all the time.



His great love is soccer and it is SO fun to watch him play. He may be rocking the 22% height on the growth chart, but he plays like the biggest guy out there.

A sample conversation in our house.

Ryan and Jack were discussing a adult basketball rec league.
Jack: "So, what does 'Rec' mean?"
Ryan: "It means recreation, that you play for fun"
Colin, who was coloring off to the side and not in the conversation at all, " I don't play for fun, I play for competition." 
And he means it. The boy lives for his games. He can tell you the exact score, who did it, who assisted and what angle the goal was shot from.



He is also so excited to meet his new sister. He has saved his money to help us get her. He has asked about her, prayed for her and even wrote about her in school. Colin may not be a man of many words, but when he does use them, they are sweet and loving. I am so proud of his little heart during the adoption. He has been the most on board the entire time. I can't wait to see him interact with Maggie.

Seven is a big year and I can't believe that my baby boy is this old.

Happy 7th Birthday, Colin. We can't wait to see you grow!

We love you!

No comments: