Friday, November 30, 2007

Giving Thanks

A week ago Thursday was thanksgiving. We spent the day with our church home group. We do not know them very well, but we figured this would be a good time to get to know them. We got there by noon and left around 9pm. I was so tired! We ate, watched football and played games. It was nice. I was only able to eat mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing and a few rolls. My stomach was just not feeling that well. We really miss our families on holidays. It is hard to live so far away.
I still have quite a bit of nausea these days. Mashed potatoes, whole wheat bagels with apple butter and root beer are my favorite things to eat. Ryan has been doing all of the cooking these days. I either don't want to eat, or get bothered by the smells of cooking. My sense of smell has been incredible these days, and not in a fun way. Poor Ryan. He is the one who gets to prepare everything now! Food is still not my friend.
I have started to notice that my lower belly is starting to get harder and stick out a bit. I am still able to wear all my old clothes, but it is starting to look like a "Fat" roll. I guess this is the awkward stage were i don't look pregnant, but i am starting to put on some weight.
Tomorrow is the first day of December. We are so excited to head home. I still have lots of Christmas shopping to do though! My prayer is that i will be feeling back to normal by than. I will be 12 weeks along, and almost out of the first trimester, so i am ready to stop feeling sick all the time!

No comments: