Wednesday, June 25, 2008

PUPPP

pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (PUPPP). The most horrific, horrible rash you can ever experience. Apparently it happens for first time pregnancies, but only 1% of women will get it. I am that horribly unlucky 1%. The rash i had a few weeks ago is like a walk in the park compared to this thing. It has completely covered my lower belly,turning into a solid red rash with deep purple undertones. It has spread all the way down my lower back, butt, thighs, legs and even in between my toes. The toes part is the worst. If you scratch it, it itches more, becomes more painful and even starts to bleed. My midwife told me that she has never seen a case so bad. Perfect. I am taking a topical steroid and a baby-safe oral steroid to try to control this thing. The best option to get rid of it? Have this baby!!!!! Praise the Lord i don't have too much longer to go. I mean, i can have him at any time now. If i had a few weeks more to go, i would probably go completely insane. The medicine causes sleeplessness... so in the last two days i have slept a total of 9 hours. Not such a good thing when you are trying to rest up and get ready for labor. It hurts to have something touch the rash, so when i am home, i pretty much have my whole stomach and legs exposed. Poor Ryan. He has to watch my swollen, full term torpedo belly body that is now covered with a nasty fire red rash waddle around the house. I saw an add for a tv show called the baby swappers or something. It is about teenagers that want to have babies taking care of newborns and toddlers. The tag line is that is not reality t.v, it is birth control. I am telling you, all these people need to see is my red pregnant body that would be enough birth control for awhile!

My mom comes into town tomorrow, so i am praying this baby decided to come, oh say, tomorrow NIGHT! So, say a prayer that this rash from the devil goes away and that this wonderful baby decides to come SOON!

1 comment:

Kurt said...

Wow that sounds extreme.