Thursday, October 23, 2008

Old

This past Saturday i turned 27 years old. I spent the day with my hubby and baby shopping in Williamsburg. They have a great outlet mall and a new addition with really good "regular" stores. It was a beautiful crisp fall day and we bundled up the baby and did some damage. I was not thinking about how old 27 sounded or how close it is to 30... i didn't think about how i am 2 1/2 years older than my husband or how fast another year went by. I was happy to be shopping, outside and with my cute little family and i had a huge wonderful chocolate cake for me at home.

However... as we were walking we saw an old beater car that had Seniors 09! written in red all over the back windshield. 09? Man, high school kids seem to look younger and younger. I was reminiscing about the days of senior year when my hubby decided to figure out just how young these senior kids were. When i was a senior in high school, they were in 3rd grade. That is right, THIRD GRADE! For the love. I feel old. Little baby third graders? It can not be THAT long ago since i was a senior. I felt so old. I kept walking past the enblazen senior car, pushing my stroller and was thankful for the chocolate cake that was waiting for me at home.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

27 is young :) thats what I am too! yay for shopper and enjoying a beautiful day with your family!