Sunday, February 15, 2009

Weekend of Love...

Happy weekend of love! Valentine's day has had mixed feelings for me. I had lots and lots of bad ones and a few good ones thrown in here and there. Since getting married, they have all been good!

We decided not to do too much this year. Who wants to watch a baby on Valentine's day? Not any of our regular babysitters... so we celebrated with the babe. He got cute cards, a book, some money and a little piano from mom and dad. He LOVES music. When Ryan plays on it, all four keys and all, he nods his little head and gets all excited. He is a little Mozart in the making.

Ryan got me my favorite treats...trader joe's wasabi peas, Lofthouse frosted cookies and toostie rolls! He took me out to Thai for dinner. I also got a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

I got Ryan a few of his favorite treats and made him a special dessert. I saw it done on T.V, found the recipe and decided to give it a try. It was called Chocolate Fondant, but other people have called it a volcano cake and other things. They turned out amazing. So so so rich though. One of them will about kill you. Here is the before....

Here is what it looked like after a few bites....


I am so glad that it actually worked. I was pretty nervous. Ryan liked his fancy schmancy dessert and it was a nice end to a nice day with the family.

Jack didn't get chocolate dessert. He got prunes. He liked them though...too bad he doesn't even know what he is missing! Maybe he will have better luck next year.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

awesome job on the cake!!! jack is adorable!