Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pregnancy Chic

I have a love/hate relationship with maternity clothes. Really more of a hate/necessity relationship. When I was first pregnant for Jack I was excited to get into maternity jeans and clothes. Who knew that stretch waistbands could be so comfy?! But by the end of my pregnancy and my seemingly long recovery the sight of maternity pants would send me into hysterics...

Granted, maternity clothes have come leaps and bounds from what they were. I know that. But it is hard to feel attractive and chic when you belly is the size of a watermelon.

So, let's not get down in the dumps because a huge pile of maternity clothes looms in your closet and you are a mere weeks away from having to wear them. Let's look at adorable ladies who look sophisticated and chic with their little baby bumps.

Amy Adams is the first pick. She is looks wonderful in this gorgeous red off the shoulder gown at her movie premiere for "Leap Year". She also rocked a similar style Caroline Herrera hunter green gown to the Golden Globes. A perfect little maternity dress that resembles nothing of a tent. Love it.



To celebrate the beauty of carrying life instead of moaning and groaning about it, let's keep our eyes peeled for attractive stylish pregnant ladies, whether in real life or a celebrity and give them a high five. I am now on the look out and will follow up with more pictures to come.

No comments: