Monday, April 5, 2010

21



My baby is 21 months old. In 3 short months he will be turning 2. Shortly thereafter he will become a big brother. Time seems to have flown by and I watch my little man and marvel at how big he has become.

The sweet white little baby legs have turned into knobby knee little boy legs, complete with random bruises.

His baby curls are gone and his little mouth is full of teeth.

His vocabulary increases every day and he has begun to do some "imaginative" play. He loves animals and making animal noises and he has a strong affection for Sesame Street, especially Elmo.

He makes us laugh every single day and tests his boundaries.

His favorite activities are helping me with the dishes and doing the laundry. Seriously. He will drop whatever he is doing and run to the kitchen if he hears the water running or the start of the washing machine. I bribe him with doing the laundry. It works like a charm. Let's hope this continues into his teenage years...

Some of his favorite things to say are:

" It's a hat!" while putting anything and everything on his head.

" Mel-Mo, cookie, melmo, cookie, melmo!!!" all the while his voice getting more excited and louder. (Melmo is Elmo and Cookie is the Cookie monster)

" Un, Two, Tee, GO!!!" and than running to whoever hears him. He loves counting to 3.

" Mommy, Daddy, Ack!" he will repeat who is in our family over and over again, especially in his crib after he wakes up from his nap.

"I don't know" said with shrugged shoulders and a furrowed brow. It is so cute. Sometimes I ask him things, just to hear him say that.

Said in a whisper, " Mom. Hi. Hi hi hello. Mom" The only time he calls me Mom is when he is whispering.

" Ummm...delishshsh" Ryan taught him that. Ryan thought it would be funny. So now, whenever Jack eats something he likes, it is delicious. "Belly" beans are especially delishshsh.

There are lots more, but I won't bore you all night.

While many things have changed in the last few months and many more things will change in the coming 3 months, one thing remains the same. He will always be my little baby boy. My first born. My handsome little Jack.

No comments: