Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Heat


It has been in the high 90s all last week and all this week. The heat index is in the 100s. Yesterday I started my car 10 minutes before we had to leave to cool it down. I used to do that with snow. Now, I do it with the heat. Coming out of work at 5pm last night I started my car and forgot to turn down the blasting AC. Searing hot air greeted me, making me instantly sick. It was like opening an oven. We are having record heat. The only thing that makes this hot Virginia weather bearable is that everything is in bloom. I have blooming trees, vines and flowers that randomly showed up in my yard. This flower is bigger than a large man's fist and the picture was taken on Saturday at the zoo. Apparently all of the trees and bushes here love this heat. I don't.
Did I mention that I am 36 weeks pregnant? My attached furnace is making it hotter for this lady. NO more summer pregnancies. NO MORE.

No comments: