Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Favorites: MN State Fair Food


 You guys. I want to be in Minnesota this week. SO bad. I mean, I always want to be in Minneapolis, but this week...it is worse. The Minnesota State Fair is happening. And it is an event. I have been to the Virginia State fair and it was like a small-town carnival compared to the MN State Fair. It is huge and fun with a million things to do, but the most important thing is the food. OH, the food. Minnesota fairs are famous for putting things on a stick. Seriously, you can get anything on a stick there. My favorite being a foot-long corn dog, the most exotic that I have had was alligator on a stick.

But since I am NOT there and I am NOT having fair food, here are some of my all time favorites.



 Cheese curds. Fried cheese curds to be exact. They take some good 'ol Wisconsin cheese curds, batter, fry and serve them up. It takes melted cheese to a new level. Pretty much perfection.

 Other top favorite are the keg-style root beer stands, Holy Land Deli gyros, frozen custard and all your other greasy, delicious foods. Want more proof? Just take a gander and drool over this list of food venders.

But my all-time, absolute, I once had a friend ship me a package, favorite thing to eat at the fair is Sweet Martha's chocolate chip cookies. They are THE best. You can buy them in a cup or in a bucket (Obviously, the bucket is the best choice) and they are literally hot from the oven.




The stands have the ovens in them, so they bake them and sell them at record speed. The best way to enjoy your warm, chewy cookies is to head over to the all-you-can- drink milk tent and get your cup of ice cold milk, sit down with your bucket of Sweet Martha's and gorge yourself. There really is NO other way.

So, that my friends, is my Friday Favorite. If you are close to the fair and have never gone, GO. If you do go, send me some cookies. I will love you forever and a chocolate chip cookie day.

Have a fun long weekend!


No comments: