Thursday, February 23, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

It's been awhile since we have done a good A and A session here. So, I thought it was about time. No need for loads of words today. Let's just get right to it.


~Awkward~
- Wearing mustard tights and having everyone stare at your legs. Seriously, people. They are colored tights. I could have added a second head and I doubt I would have gotten any more looks. Apparently Va. Beach is not prepared for mustard colored tights. (I, however, liked the look;)

-My 3 year getting so upset that my legs had turned yellow that he started crying. Point taken. No more mustard tights.

- While trying on a work-appropriate pencil skirt at a more adolescent clothing store, I overheard some girls moaning in disgust, "This dress is like something a 30 year old would wear. Yuck." I kinda wanted to go out and see if I would, in fact, wear that dress.  But it was weird to hear someone so grossed out by something a 30 year old would wear...

- Being told that I look just like Samantha from Bewitched, and than told to wiggle my nose...multiple times.

-Colin's knowledge of the red alarm button on my keys. Our poor neighbors probably wonder why our car alarm goes off randomly throughout the day.


~Awesome~
- Daffodils. In February.

-It's 74 degrees today. The boys played outside in a t-shirts and it was glorious.

- After all the crazies took all the Jason Wu for Target stuff, I didn't think I would ever see this guy. But I found him tucked into a corner of a shelf. Thank you Christmas gift cards!

- We have a little road trip planned for Saturday and I am very, very excited about it. Some shopping, some family time and just getting away for the day.  Definitely looking forward to our weekend.

-I am going to be an Auntie! My sister is expecting her first baby and I am very much looking forward to snuggling a new little one.

- Shamrock shakes are back. Early. PTL.


The best, most awesome part of today?

This guy. 


It's been a long two months. 

Welcome home, Mr. Dishwasher. I will try to protect you from my 18 month old better that the last guy in your place.


What is awesome or awkward that is going on in your life?



2 comments:

Sayaka said...

I love your A & A series Alicia!! I cracked up about the mustard tights....don't worry though I love mustard tights too and sooner or later the people in your town are going to be love them too...at least I hope!! And congrats on your new dishwasher (it's so shiny and pretty) and your sisters pregnancy!! Hooray!!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

I'm laughing about the mustard tights, because I felt the same way when I wore red ones a few weeks back! Some people look at you like you're batty - I don't get it!