Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hair!

One thing that we know for sure about this baby boy is that he has lots of hair! It may be blond, red or even newborn black, but he for sure has a lot of hair.

He is also FOR SURE a boy. 100%. He showed us. Twice.

I had an ultrasound at my 38 wk OB appointment to try to determine the size of this little man. I am getting really close ( 1 1/2 weeks from due date!) and we are still working on just how we will have this guy. ( VBAC vs C-section)

He is head down (good!) in an anterior position (really good!) so we could not see his face. He moved the WHOLE ultrasound. It was really rather uncomfortable for me. Being on my back with a large squirming baby was not so fun. He is definitely a mover and a shaker.

At this point the ultrasound estimated that he is 7lbs 11 oz already. They are guessing he will be a good 8 1/2 pounder. Now, this could be off by a bit, so he could be up to 9lbs or still in the 7+range. But they are thinking right around the same size of Jack. He was 8lbs 4 oz. So, another big boy for me. I am not surprised at all. Anyone who has looked at my torpedo belly is not surprised.

So, while we do not know what will happen for the birth, what he will look like or how he will act, we do know two things. He is all boy and he has lots of hair.

And know we wait....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so so exciting. Settle in for the wait! He'll be here (and 4 months old) before you know it.
I love a big baby. ;)