Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Favorites

It was 101 degrees here yesterday.
Sweltering.
I had my boys outside for 20 minutes at 5pm and they both came inside with sweaty heads and bright red faces.

Hello, Va Beach summers.

One of my new favorite things are the Markey Pantry Low-Fat Ice Cream Sandwiches in mint. They are creamy and minty and cool. They are only 3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus. I save enough points every night to eat one of these minty goodness. They are a good dollar cheaper than the Skinny Cow versions and I think the texture is much better. It's a win, win.

( These are not the mint kind, but you get the idea)


Minty ice cream. Chocolate cookie. 3 WW points+. Husband hates mint, so won't touch them. Eating them when the kids are sleeping.

That is the recipe for somewhat surviving Va Beach summers.

Or how to have a form of dessert every night and not feel guilty.

Either way, it's a favorite.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the skinny cow version, but i'll have to try these out!

how is WW working for you? are you liking it, are you losing? my friend did WW and lost a ton of weight, so did our pastors i've been thinking about it. my only question is cooking for the family? what do you do for dinners on WW, does Ryan do it too, or do you just cook whatev and portion it?

Kristina Clemens said...

WOW!!!! 101??? That's hot! I loved the skinny cows when I was on WW after the birth of my children. The best eating plan ever! Hope it's going good for you!