Monday, June 20, 2011

The Summer Must List

It is nearing the end of June. This is madness. Time is flying right past me and I can't seem to catch up.

There are things that I want to do, to accomplish. I have these ideas running around in my head about what I want to do this summer, but they tend to get lost, pushed to the side at the smallest distraction.

So, when I read about Emily's summer to-do list, I felt inspired. I need to create my own list. I need to remember it, do it and mark it off. I want to feel like I savored this summer, took advanatage of it and used my times wisely.

So, here is my list of things that I want to accomplish this summer.

1. Go to the beach. It sounds simple enough, being that I live near the Atlantic ocean and all...but I hate finding parking, cleaning out the sand and trying to plan around nap times. We always enjoy ourselves, so we just need to do it. At least once.

2. Start training for a 5k. I have no idea if my knees can handle it...but it is worth trying. Even if it means I have to get up early before the boys wake...which I can never seem to do.

3. Go on a few dates with my Hubby. Call the sitter and just go, even if it is just for some ice cream.

4. Finish a full complete bible study with some girl friends. I have never actually done a full study, with just girls, just because.

5. Take some vacation time with just Ryan and the boys...even if it is for one night. As long as it is just us, I am happy.

6. Paint my kitchen/family room.

7. Paint and finish decorating my bathroom.

8. Get myself into my old size 6's...comfortably!

9. Exercise at least 3 times a week...cause #8 is not happening without it!

10. Get family photos done...with ME in them.

And above all...spend loads of time kissing and cuddling with these guys. Loads of it.


They all need kissing. Badly.

2 comments:

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

Nice list. I miss living near a warm beach, but I love the summer.

Corey said...

Beautiful kids! I enjoy reading your posts. How do you like living and raising your children in Virginia? I was looking into some colonial williamsburg real estate but I'm unsure still about living in Virginia in general. Thanks! Keep posting please.