Thursday, February 10, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursdays

It is Awesome and Awkward Thursday.

My life is pretty much always awesome/awkward/disgusting.

I live with 3 boys.

That should probably just sum it up right there.

But, with out further ado...




Awkward~

~ When dropping my boys off at the sitter's for the afternoon, I am telling her Colin's feeding schedule when I am interrupted by my toddler. Standing in the hallway. With his pants and underwear down at his ankles.

~  Thinking I was a savvy shopper by buying a Toy Story lap desk thingy from Target for $3. Perfect cheap potty gift for my TS-loving, potty training 2 1/2 yr old. The awkward part? He opened it and started crying and crying... cause he couldn't take Buzz and Woody off the tray... or open the stuffed lap part. SO, maybe a cute little lap desk thingy is NOT a good gift for a toddler...probably should have thought about that BEFORE he burst into tears.

~  Looking over at the baby and realizing that it looks like he is wearing a 3/4 length sleeve, but it is suppose to be a full, long sleeve tee. Time to pull out the next size up, I suppose.

~ The 3/4 length sleeve tee is his 4th outfit before noon...due to various size blowouts and leakages.

~  Leaving my boys with the Hubs for one evening. That two hours away cost me a completely trashed house, a high chair tray covered with pears and a baby with left-over pears crusted on his eye lid.

~ Realizing the you read way too many fashion blogs because you just thought of your outfit for work as a OOTD. You are not a fashion blogger, and you only get dressed like 4 days out of the week, including the one afternoon a week you go into the office.



Awesome

~ Snow! 4 inches on the ground to play in and a 60 degree weekend ahead.

~Writing love notes to your Hubby on the shower wall with foam bath letters.

~Spreading your obsession of Anthropologie onto your unsuspecting children.

~ Scoring a boys Anthropologie sweater for $9.95....with free shipping...and no sales tax.

~Having two boys two years apart exactly. That is like a two for one on all clothing.

~ Having chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream in the freezer. That baby is coming out to play for Valentine's day.

~ Having one of your best friends send you Caribou's Mocha Java coffee in the mail. It is the best coffee ever and the closest Caribou is hours away.




Awkward:

My cat. Most awkward cat ever.




Awesome:

Colin loves sweet potatoes!! Finally, a solid food he will eat!




Now, jump on over to the Daybook and check out other awkward and awesome moments!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I look forward to this day on your blog! Keeps me laughing & smiling!

Crystal said...

i'm happy i'm a part of your awesome blog! i also love the 4 blowouts and hearing the crazy things your boys do!
pass your anthropologie love onto me (you can buy me whatever you want from there)!