Monday, February 7, 2011

Wistful for the Weekends

Mondays can leave us all in a bit of a funk.

It is back to real life.

Back to the daily grind, so to speak.

Ryan heads off to work, I man the boys and the house alone.

The daily monotony of it all can leave us just a wee bit wistful for the break that is the weekend.

Jack must be feeling the same way. In the middle of the (daily) afternoon, post-nap double poopy diaper change, he asked for his dad.

Jack: Where did my dad go?
Me: He is at work, honey.
Jack: (Sigh)I want him back now.

 Sigh. Me,too.

Jack loves when his daddy is home. I love when his daddy is home.

While it is not quite a manic Monday...it can lead to wishful thinking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is exactly how I feel about Mondays. Everything's just a little bit off. We love our daddy time.
Sigh...just makin' it til the weekend!