Thursday, January 15, 2009

2am

I have a sick baby. I am up at 2am looking online at symptoms, thankful for the internet and listening to raspy breathing of my sick little one. He is having a fitful sleep in his swing. He can barely breathe, so he has to remain upright to get any rest. I am on the couch and much too interested in his breathing/coughing/fever to sleep as well. Little man threw up 6 times in 2 hours today. It was the first time he has vomited. He has spit up, yes. Every baby has. But he has not had the real "sick" vomit. I didn't like it. Babies are so sad when they are sick. They can't tell you what hurts, they just look so sick and sad...not fun at all.
If he doesn't get some fluid in him soon, he is off to the dr. first thing in the morning. So, say a little prayer for my sick little man. While you are at it, say a prayer for little Gracie, my friend Tiffany's daughter. She got some test results back that wasn't what we were hoping for. I hate when babies get sick. Good thing i believe in the power of prayer.

No comments: