Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Golden Fourth



My boy is four today. It's his golden birthday! I am kind of in shock right now. He is so big. His legs are long and lanky, no a trace of baby fat left on them. His face has slimmed out, those kissy little checks just a memory. His once baby blues have settled into a beautiful greenish blue hazel. He is handsome and sweet and intelligent.



Some of of my favorite things about Jack is how expressive he is. He really does talk like a 45 year old male. But it just not the actual words that he says, it is the way that he says them. Eyebrows dance and burrow, hands in constant motion, head tilting one way and than the other. It fascinates me. I am desperate to catch it on camera, but the second I pull out any sort of camera, he stops and gives me a fake cheesy smile, or makes a ridiculous face.



His imagination has taken off lately. Stories, "dreams", jokes. He is constantly coming up with new things every day. Usually some sort of superhero is fighting some sort of dragon/dinosaur/bad guy.He explores, examines and studies the world around him. I look forward to all the new discoveries that we will make this year.

Happy Birthday, Jack. We love you more than words can say and are SO very proud to call your our own.




Jack four years ago today, at one, two and three.

1 comment:

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

What a handsome young person your son is becoming!